Pissed Off

Debate session again today for the communication skills module like last time for the English module and it consists of 10% of the module. Actually the debate will be in the next week but because of a member of my group going for a gaming tournament next week so I have no choice, to speed up everything and arranging the information for the debate today. It is a debate of 3 versus 4, my group is the proposing team consist of 3 person, me, KC and naggy that propose the topic of “Both Parents Should Assume Equal Responsibility in Child Rearing”.

I always hate to be the first in doing presentation either in the group or the individual presentation as we will always will be a good example for the teacher to do comparison with what she demand for. Bad that after that we cannot redo also, but it give the guide for the other groups to have the advantages. Sometimes, I will think that this is so unfair to be the first and give me a feeling of being a kambing korban that sacrifice for the benefit of all.

This is what I felt today after I done the presentation. She did not say what she want for the debate at first like the requirements for the debate at first but show us the paper of the marks with little information about it. Later after the debate, she tell why we did not do this and that, why there is insufficient research and why no emotional act like kicking the table, hit the table, increase volume and so on..First thing cross to my mind, wth..u think this is the night market arguing for prices and discounts meh. I admit that my group got weaknesses, quite a few including me that make the debate dull. Then the other team make the debate more interesting la, good luck for u all.

Actually cannot blame us for that, the opposing team all are foreigners and talk so little for 1-2 minutes, they not talking fast but slowly and one word like a block like that, some speak with the mumbling mouth, expecting me to hear it and produce counter attack, we can’t even catch the main point that they are saying. U will be very pro if u can provide good counter argument for the debate with the limited information from the opponents, short time talking and speak with “open” mouth.. Honestly, I cant really catch the points that they are shooting us, and I did not feel any bullets or a wind blow that attack me and finally I admit, it is DULL but how am I going to make it interesting, limited counter attack cannot bring up the environment. Besides, the powerful air cond in the room are freezing cool although I wear long sleeve, I still shivering…Until the last speaker, I admit that I can clearly hear what he spoke, clearly sound out his points but funny, his points are more toward supporting us and the previous 3 speakers dunno what they are saying—craps perhaps..

After the debate, I darn pissed off that we are not reaching the time, 6min for the 1st speaker, 5min for the 2nd speaker and 6 min for the last speaker..our team got 3min for 1st, 4min I think for me and the last person got about 2min( he talked fast as he used to be)..this cannot blame for us, limited information from opposing team how to produce counter argument..

Overall the debate, I dun get what are the opponent’s points and blurr until the end, cant extract information from that and I think that they are out of the topic instead. I think the teacher also realize that we have limited things can do when we complaint and she comment today the debate(overall but mean the same to us also when we approached her) are limited research and counter argument and lack of emotions( verbal and non-verbal) when we try to explain the thing and complain, she just ~~~, not doing anything but say we all wont fail for this. Is this what we do so many research and I slept so late yesterday and tired to get it done just for a pass..wtf

After the raining evening, I went out for cycling. I think that I had cycle for about 5km, too long din cycle already, not able to cycle further and decide to back home.

0 comments: